FORGOTTEN PEORIA

SITE NEWS
Online Viewers
FORGOTTEN PEORIA FORUMS
The FORGOTTEN PEORIA FORUM is a place for YOU to post your memories, pictures, and stories from the 50's,60's,70's,80's and 90's. Anybody can look at the forum but you must register with a valid E-mail address to post. Check it out
  • CLICK TO ENTER THE FORGOTTEN PEORIA FORUMS
  • MY OTHER SITES
    DARKSIDE SANITARIUM DARKSIDE SANITARIUM
    PLEASE HELP
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    MY FEEDS

    Add to 

Google

    Add to My AOL

    Subscribe in FeedLounge

    Subscribe in Bloglines

    Subscribe to FORGOTTEN PEORIA

    Your Ad Here
    Contact me
    Our Sponsors

    Friday, September 22, 2006
    SANDY'S RESAURANT




















    Sandy's restaurant brings back a lot of memories. I was only 5 or 6 when it changed to Hardees, Yet I can still remember going to Sandy's on Mc Clure with my mom.
    I found this website last night "UNOFFICIAL SANDY'S WEBSITE" That loaded with old pictures, history, and memorabilia.

    CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE UNOFFICIAL SANDY'S WEBSITE
    posted by UNKNOWN @ 11:31 PM  
    3 Comments:
    • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I graduated from Richwoods Highschool in June 1972. During the summer of 1970, I worked at the Sandy's across the street from Sheridan Village. I applied at the Sandy's on Main Street downtown (anyone remember that place?) and was hired by a guy named Ken if memory serves, and assigned to the Sheridan Road store. I worked the fryers and later the cash registers. The milk shakes had no milk or ice cream. A syrup poured into a machine was frothed with air and instant milkshake was the result. Pretty much the way McDonalds still does it today. During slow times, burgers sat under hot lamps until they were completely dried out. We sold them anyway. Nothing was thrown away. The pickles for the burgers were kept in a brine filled oak barrel in the rear of the store. My first couple of weeks there, we had an employee who thought it was hilarious to pee into the pickle barrel. He was finally caught by the manager and fired. I live in Florida today and know that the location became a Dairy Queen Brazier. I don't know what it is now. Next door to Sandy's was a clothing store where I remember getting a new suit when I was in highschool. And across Lake Street from there was a business called Caughy Carpet. My dad was a floor covering salesman in that store for about 15 years. Next door was Adams Furniture. My mom was a book keeper there there for several years. Also on Lake Street, across from Sheridan Village, I seem to remember a big retail store called Venture. Going east on Lake Street would bring us to Lou's Drive-In and those coney dogs, tamales and root beer. What a unique part of Peoria that area was. Mike

       
    • At 8:13 PM, Blogger UNKNOWN said…

      Thanks for the comment, I only have memories of Sandys on McClure
      st., and I hate pickles lol..

       
    • At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Yes, hold the pickles please.

      If anyone has pictures and/or memories of Sandy's please send them along! sandyshamburgers@yahoo.com Thanks! & thanks for remembering Sandy's on this website! - Rich

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    About Me
    Name: UNKNOWN
    Home:
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Links
    Local News

    CURRENT MOON